In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one of the most successful and commonly used Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART.) Until a few years back, it was like some mysterious process that could help couples with fertility issues in getting pregnant. It was considered a costly and long-term process.
But with the advancement in technology and awareness, the people started showing interest in IVF. They got to understand what the treatment option entails and that the cost varies from patient to patient.
Still, if a couple is thinking of undergoing IVF treatment, most important things to know are all the details of the procedure and the cost involved.
It’s essential to know the cost of IVF in India as the cost of IVF varies from city to city.
Cost of IVF in India
Cost of IVF in our country varies from patient to patient and also from place to place, which also involves the expenditure of prescribed medicines and drugs etc.
The overall cost of IVF treatment in India that a couple may spend on their treatment may vary from 3-5 lakhs (maximum).
The reason for this is that during the treatment the couple needs various other therapies, which depends on the medical condition, history and the level of fertility in the couple.
The cost of IVF not only changes from city to city, it even changes from one fertility clinic to another. Another most crucial thing is that the choice of fertility clinic should not come solely from cost.
Other essential criteria which should be considered are fertility specialist, the experience of doctors, the success rate of the clinic and their reputation, etc.
Given below are the indicative IVF cost in different cities of India
(medicines and blood test excluded in INR) (these are indicative figure and subjected to change)
- Chennai: 1,45,000 to 1,60,000
- Mumbai: 2,00,000 to 3,00,000
- Bangalore: 1,60,000- 1,75,000
- Nagpur: 75,000- 90,000
- Delhi: 90,000- 1, 25,000
- Kolkata: 65,000-80,000
Here are the costs of other methods involved in IVF
Cost of donor eggs/sperm for IVF treatment:
- This technique is for couples with the poor quality of eggs or sperm.
- The cost of donor sperm is usually 8,000 to 12,000 rupees.
Cost of donor embryo:
- When it came to the donor embryo, then the method is much more prominent.
- The value of donor embryo is about 36,000 to 54,000 rupees.
Cost of frozen embryo transfer:
- Sometimes IVF procedure requires frozen embryo also, which is then transferred to the females.
- The cost of frozen embryo transfer is about 20,000 and 30,000 rupees.
Cost of ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
- During the IVF treatment, ICSI can be a significant step.
- In this method, a single sperm is fused with the egg.
- This can drastically increase the chance of a successful fertilisation.
- The cost for this technique is approximately 20,000 to 45,000 rupees (add-on.)
Best cities for IVF treatment in India
In India, there are many cities with a good reputation in infertility treatment. Given below is a list of cities with high success rate of IVF in India, the list includes:
While the cost of IVF method may seem expensive, these are comparatively reasonable. This indicates the advanced medical technology employed and the skills of the doctors.
But when it comes to fulfilling your dream of having a baby, then only the couple who have undergone this treatment and were fortunate to have a baby, will tell you that it’s just worth it!!!