What is Micro-TESE?
- Micro-TESE also known as Microsurgical Sperm Retrieval is the retrieval of sperm from the testicle.
- The procedure involves an operation performed through a small midline incision in the scrotum, through which one or both testicles.
- The doctor then conducts a careful examination of different areas of the testicles to check for any abnormalities and to identify the presence of sperm.
- This procedure is usually performed only if all other Surgical Sperm Retrieval (SSR) techniques have been unsuccessful.
Who needs Micro-TESE?
- This method is usually used if you don’t have any sperm within the ejaculate due to reduced sperm production, or if other SSR techniques have been unsuccessful.
- The reduced sperm production may be the result of previous testicular surgery, a genetic problem, prior medical treatment, or other male factor infertility issue.