Pregnancy takes a toll on women emotionally, physically as well as psychologically. Women go through different phases in pregnancy; they gain weight which impacts their overall outlook on themselves and as a result demoralizes them. But looking on the bright side, they attain glossy hair, healthy glowing skin and cleaning up of acne.
Psychological effects on women after Childbirth
- The birth of the baby is such an incredible feeling, pure joy. Positive sentiments are spectacular post-delivery, getting you to feel an improbable natural “high” at times.
- It’s almost unbelievable that someone so tiny, who doesn’t do much, can bring you so much joy that it moves you to tears.
- A yawn, a cough—these seemingly ordinary things can be triggers for some of the hilarious moments in your life.
- From weeping tears of joy in chuckling uncontrollably over the something is like an emotional roller coaster.
Momentary Mood Fluctuations:
- Your eyes could relate a leaky tap after delivery: the water just won’t stop dribbling out! Does this signify you’re sad to be a mom? Of course not!
- A transient state of mood changes doesn’t last for more than a few days or weeks.
- Drastic mood and anxiety symptoms combined with signs such as loss of motivation, sleep interruptions, painful feelings, emotions of hopelessness, or thoughts of suicide should be approached right away.
- You’ll quickly see that being a mother brings with it a whole set of new worries.
- From minor to more complex fears, the feeling can be horrible for many mothers in the early stages of parenthood.
- Being concerned about not doing the right thing for your child because you don’t know the first thing regarding parenting is a very common thing.
Physical Changes a Woman face after Childbirth
- During pregnancy hormone level rises because of which a lot of pigmentation and changes in the color of skin happens.
- As hormones levels become normal, women start experiencing a healthy glow and clearing of acne.
- However, some ladies might suffer from parched skin and a skin condition, which induces a red rash that breaks out around the chin and mouth.
- The woman experiences drastic changes in the texture of hair because of the continuous change in estrogen and progesterone levels.
- These changes may last up to two years, so enjoy your locks and flaunt it for as long as you can.
- Even for women who have experienced a healthy and shiny hair during pregnancy can experience massive hair fall. Hair loss is at its peak at six months after birth, but new growth will be fresh, healthy, and blissfully shiny.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding reduce the chances of breast cancer.
- However sagging increases after childbirth as the skin of the breasts become stretched and continues to extend if one breastfeed.
- Although abdominal muscles lengthen to twice as compare to their standard size, with regular exercise one can have an average tummy again.
- Simple exercises such as sit-ups, pelvic floor exercises, daily walks, swimming, etc., helps in getting the belly back within a small period.
- Labour makes your stomach muscles fragile, and one can experience backaches frequently.
- The vagina regains its pre-pregnancy muscle position within the first few months, so there is no effect on one’s sex life.
- The cervix that opens during delivery also gets closed painlessly within ten days.
- However, intercourse after pregnancy for the first time will probably be slightly awful.
- After giving birth, bleeding can last up to 6 weeks though most of it discharges in the first.
- So one should refrain from having sex during that time.
- During pregnancy, as there was baby’s pressure on the bladder, there is frequent urination.
- After pregnancy, if one does pelvic floor exercises daily, the urination process can get normal within a few days.
- However, the pressure on the urethra during delivery can make urination difficult after giving birth.
Whatever the related effects of pregnancy and childbirth, the entire experience of self-discovery, growth, and creation makes it worth it.