This is an excellent question but one that is very individualized depending, most importantly, on the diagnosis, female age, patient motivation level and financial resources. In general, after the gynecologist has performed an initial work-up, the patient AND the gynecologist should devise a plan and time line after which referral should be recommended to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (Fertility Specialist). There are some situations where a patient should be referred immediately to a fertility specialist, e.g. advanced reproductive age, severe male factor, and blocked fallopian tubes.

Leave reply:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *